Thursday, October 16, 2008

happy thursday!

It was a good day :) Can I even say that completely, right now? It's only 6.30pm...
I had a great day with my boyfriend yesterday, and even though I told him I didn't want a single present, he bought me a few.... I tried to be mad at him (he should save his money for practical things!) but that attempt fell flat when I emptied a bag of goodies. Among the goodies: my favorite chapstick (softlips- the best!), my favorite chocolates (lindt-yummm!) and a kick-ass digital photo frame/mp3 player. On the frame/mp3 player, he already uploaded photos of my family and the beatles' "happy birthday" What a thoughtful guy :)

I had a math test this morning, I'm not so sure I did an outstanding job on it. I'm not terribly worried about it though, I've already scoped out the next chapter-cake! I can definitely do this! I sort of panic when I take tests... I think that's the thing. I've been going through boxes in storage lately (i'm sooooo tired of paying $100/month for stuff sitting in an aluminum room) and found some old school stuff. A few report cards from junior high and high school mentioned that I was doing well in class, but had poor test grades. I've gotten some pointers on test-taking since then, it shouldn't be too hard to work out.

The Art and Psychology tests I took on Tuesday came back today, I got A's on both of those :) Yay! We checked out some slides in the art class today.... Slides of the house that my art teacher built, on an uninhabited island, off the coast of Florida. It's a lovely house!!! He's very talented in his architecture, as well as paintings around the house. Pretty much all of his building materials were "found objects" and there are solar panels for electricity. I asked him when the fieldtrip to his beachhouse was! :) I could live forever on a beach.... give me shelter, food, music and paint; as well as good company and I'm the happiest kid around!

My uncle sent me a really nice email yesterday. He told me that he was really glad my son and I could make it out to Texas two weeks ago for a visit. He's "impressed with the person I have become, a thoughtful freespirit and doting Mom." My quiet confidence will continue to serve me well, I am on track to flourish and blossom, and my best years are ahead of me- he says. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy, I love it!!!

The family and I are celebrating my birthday tonight. I love my family. I feel so lucky to have a family like mine... I feel bad for people that don't have that support, that don't get along with their families. Then again, I have seen some families that are better off without. I'm just glad that isn't the case for me... I don't know what I would have done last year without my family. Credit card debt, a car accident, lost jobs, medical expenses.... so much to recover from. It would have felt impossible alone. I'm lucky to have the friends and family that I do have :) Speaking of, I'm going to go and spend some time with them.

No comments: